Enjoy the vibe of Sea Point along with its busy promenade and buzzing restaurants.
What this voucher will get you:
- A 2 night stay for 2 people.
Staying at The Verge ApartHotel is ideal for young couples seeking some excitement in Sea Point. The hotel is in walking distance of many restaurants, bars and shops.
Sea Point is central for holiday-makers looking to explore popular Cape Town destinations such as the V&A Waterfront, Green Point Urban Park, Cape Town CBD, and Camps Bay.
If you’re in Cape Town for business or a conference, staying at The Verge in Sea Point will allow easy access to Cape Town city centre by MyCiti bus or cab.
Things to do in Sea Point:
- Take a slow stroll along the Sea Point promenade to admire the waves and the various dog breeds being walked by their owners. There’s also an art installation on the lawn worth checking out.
- Walk to the end of the Promenade, nearby the Sea Point swimming pools, to buy an ice-cream cone from the ice-cream truck.
- Get your morning or afternoon workout at Sea Point’s open-air public gym.
- For those with an untamable sweet tooth, pop in at Crumbs and Cream for an ice-cream sandwich, My Sugar for an incredible milkshake, or Venezia for a delicious waffle or ice-cream cone.
- For insatiable hunger, visit Franky’s Diner along Sea Point Main Road and try their Chubby Burger Challenge.
- Looking for unique gift ideas? Purchase a Moroccan-themed lamp at Myth Africa.
- Visit Camps Bay for incredible sea-view dining. Restaurants like Azure, The Roundhouse, Del Mar and Tide Restaurant offer unbeatable views and fine dining cuisine.
Interesting facts about Sea Point:
- Some of the first settlers in Sea Point were the aristocratic Le Sueuer family from Normandy, France. The family’s estate, Winterslust, originally covered 200 acres on the slopes of Signal Hill. The estate was later named Fresnaye.
- Sea Point received its name in 1776 when a commander serving under Captain Cook encamped men in the area to avoid spreading smallpox in Cape Town. In doing so, the area grew to become a residential area.
- Sea Point became Cape Town’s first commuter suburb after the opening of the Sea Point tramline which linked the suburb to Camps Bay.
- Sea Point and Green Point combined has the largest Hebrew congregation in Africa.
Read what past guests have had to say about their stay at the Verge Hotel:
A perfect place to stay
We spent a week in a one-bedroomed apartment, and we found it to be perfect for our needs. We had a small balcony with great views of Sea Point and the lower slopes of Lion's Head. The apartment was beautifully furnished and equipped; the staff were friendly and efficient in cleaning the apartment; the reception staff were excellent and very helpful, and the manager could not have been kinder to us. It was great being from Zimbabwe as several of the staff had Zim connections! Something we really appreciated was that we felt not only very comfortable but very safe. Close to the beach and shopping easily accessible. We used the My Citi bus - perfect for our needs. All in all, we had a wonderful week and it would be great if we could ever return. Thank you everyone.
Great place wonderful staff
Even though we didn’t get a room with a real balcony, but a Juliette, the staff arranged for fans so it was never a big issue. The apartment was clean, bright and tidy with its own washer and a kitchenette. TV in both living room and bedroom, a nice king size bed and daily cleaning if you want, except for Sundays.
The location is perfect even with a McDonald below since taxi drivers know where it is, should you use a cab. The hotel is located on Main Road with shops, supermarket and lots of nice high ranking restaurants. If you are looking for peace and quiet this is not the place, but bare in mind you are in the middle of a bustling city.
The staff is absolutely friendly and so helpful, they helped us book outings and so on.
I would absolutely return
This hotel was located in a great location. Close to the sights. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean and spacious. Books were provided for those who love reading. The location is close to sea point beach. There are many restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again
Perfect location, excellent staff, great price!
I had a fantastic stay at the Verge! Really liked the apartment, with a fully fitted kitchen, modern and big shower, large and comfy bed, spacious and well-designed living room. Also loved the location (Sea Point), it was my first time in Cape Town and I was able to go out at night in Greenpoint, walk along the beach in the morning, reach Waterfront easily for my city tour. The staff was amazing, they assisted me with pre-arrival details such as shuttle from the airport to the hotel, storage for my luggage as I arrived a bit earlier than scheduled. They also provided useful information about the city and got me ubers every morning when I needed to go to my conference. Keenan (day) and Patson (night) were particularly helpful!
Great place to stay
This is a really super place to stay. Modern apartment with fully fitted kitchen, modern bathroom with a big shower, comfy bed, lovely rooms, a dining area and a lounge with a very small balcony (basically one step out room). Basement parking for which you have a remote to open the gate, and lift access to room from there so you do not have to pass through reception at all. Friendly staff. Made to feel most welcome by Keenan on booking in. Really good location with the beach 2 blocks away and the most beautiful view of the mountains from our room (our windows faced that direction). Lovely area to walk alongside beach/sea in either direction. McDonald's on the corner and other shops down the street. Would stay there again anytime without hesitation!
Home in Cape Town
We were staying at the Verge for 2 weeks which made us feel like we were at home there. Really good location, safe and beautiful. The view from the apartment 607 was superb too with the Lion's Head and city on one side and the sea on another. Very spacious and well-equipped living room. Iron, microwave, fully equipped kitchen. Two TVs, one in the bedroom, another one in the living room. Balcony with a barbeque place was also very nice. Daily housekeeping does a great job, they are only off on Sunday.