This is the deal
- A 2 night stay for 2 people in a Forest Tent – get the third night free!
- 10% off breakfasts, secret dinners, and guided walks
Peace of Eden is proudly SA’s first and only fully Vegan Eco Lodge and gives you and your partner the opportunity to explore the beautiful Garden Route whilst embracing a plant-based lifestyle in a beautiful part of the Knysna close to beaches, adventure activities, yoga, and supping at ‘Buffs’. It is important for the guest to respect this ethos whilst staying here as it is a meat-free lodge.
This magical escape is nestled on the edge of an indigenous forest on the beautiful Garden Route. The peace will revitalize your soul and the creativity of the owners will inspire you.
Owners Jen and Howard are passionate about animals, wildlife, and the natural world, and have been a vegan lodge for 5 years. They were vegetarian for decades before embracing a plant-based lifestyle.
If you love nature & camping or are an eco-green tree-hugging adventurer you’ll find this forest-tented accommodation to be exactly your cup of tea. Just remember this lodge is strictly meat-free
At Peace of Eden, you’ll be sleeping in a retro canvas tent set upon a timber deck. Each tent has either a twin or double bed, a small table, 2 chairs, and a shelf. There are 4 separate communal timber huts housing a kitchen, toilets, and a shower.
Peace of Eden offers plant-based breakfasts and dinners and is becoming well-known for its 5-star vegan cuisine. Regardless of diet, you will enjoy their scrumptious variety. A wonderfully warm, home-dining experience on candle-lit timber decks overlooking forests and wild gardens awaits you.
Please note that meals are not included in this deal and are at your own expense.
Tent accommodation options include:
- Mystic Moon
- Deep Forest
- Morning Star
Staying in Knysna is not only a wonderful and relaxing forest holiday – it also affords you the opportunity to go exploring for the day. Whether you choose to discover Knysna’s attractions or drive out to neighbouring seaside towns such as Sedgefield, Buffalo Bay, George, Wilderness, or Mossel Bay, your Garden Route holiday will definitely be an enjoyable one.
Knysna is famous for its multitude of attractions and activities. Below are just a few ideas of what you can get up to during your stay at Peace of Eden:
Knysna holiday attractions:
- Knysna Elephant Park
- Wild Oats Farmer’s Market (Sedgefield)
- Country Deli @ Timberlake (Sedgefield)
- The Friday Market (in Knysna)
- Berry picking at the Red Berry Farm, near George
- Shopping and dining at the Knysna Waterfront or Knysna Mall
- Beer tasting and tours at Mitchells Brewery
- Knysna natural attractions
- Garden Route Botanical Gardens (known as the “Green Lung” of George, a perfect venue to escape the crowds, malls and busy beaches).
- Thesen Island
- Knysna Heads and lagoon
- For an outstanding scenic day out, drive the Seven Passes Route. The route, a part of Knysna’s unique heritage, is about 75km and will see you passing several rivers and quaint little towns. Plenty of photo/Instagram opportunities enroute.
Knysna Forest attractions:
- Jubilee Creek Forest Walk – you’ll have to pay a small entrance fee here, but it’s worth it. This incredible Knysna forest walk will see you walking along trails protected by the shade of tree canopies. For really hot days, there’s a designated swimming area.
- Terreblans Forest Walk – also has a place to swim
- Visit the impressive 800-year-old 33m tall Woodville Big Tree in the Hoekwil Forest