Gerald’s Gift is a charming guest house located in idyllic surroundings, conveniently located close to Addo Elephant Park!
This is the deal:
- A 1-night stay for 2 people
- Includes breakfast
Are you going on a safari and looking for somewhere affordable to stay, near nature reserves and game parks?
Gerald’s Gift is the ideal venue for couples looking for a relaxing bush escape, or city slickers looking to replace ‘the urban jungle’ for the real thing.
Aptly named, the charming establishment lies nestled in a fertile valley, on the banks of the Coerney River with views of the Zuurberg Mountains. Not only is Gerald’s Gift idyllic and lovely, but it’s also a convenient 15-minute drive to Addo National Elephant Park from here.
What to expect
Comfortable and homely accommodation in a contemporary-style room, decorated with bold artwork and ornate chandeliers. The unit overlooks the pool and the manicured lawns.
What to do in the area:
- Game drives in Addo Elephant Park. You’ll view elephants from a close range, as well as other game (Big Five included) during your time at the reserve.
- Aside from interacting with and viewing elephants, you can also take an exhilarating ride on Addo’s ‘giant swing’. The first of its kind in South Africa, the contraption takes riders on an adrenaline high as you are hoisted to new heights.
- With the wind at your back, explore the lay of the land with cross country quad biking.
- Kayak the Coerney River or take part in other recreational water sports.