Escape from the hustle and bustle of the city for a cute countryside stay…
This is the deal
- A 1-night stay for 2 people in a superior suite
- Includes Breakfast
- Enjoy a historic audio tour of Church Street and its 28 National Monuments, as well as
entry to the four Tulbagh museums
- R100 off any combination of treatments worth over R400 at Vindoux day spa
- Wine tasting at Oude Kompanies Pos
- Order two x two-course meals to qualify for a bottle of house wine worth R140 at Reader’s Restaurant
Why you should visit Tulbagh:
Dining at The Cape Dutch Quarters
In summer, guests can sit outside, marvel at picturesque views, and sip on a crisp glass of local wine while enjoying summer-inspired dishes. In winter, breakfasts and dinners are taken in front of roaring fires and are a culinary affair.
Take a meander down Church Street
The Cape Dutch Quarters is situated in Church Street, an 800m long open-air museum of a street lined with 30 national monuments. The street is a hive of activity, where vendors sell their wares at the local markets, and locals catch up over tea and scones at the delis and bistros.
Learn about the history of the town
The four museums on Church Street offer visitors a glimpse into Tulbagh’s past. On your museum tour, you’ll see the Oldest Church building in the country, as well as the Earthquake Museum, the Victorian Museum, and the Old Pioneer House.
Visit nearby wine estates
Vino lovers can taste various award-winning wines at several wineries in the region. The district is known for its wine, and some estates have won accolades for their vintage and flagship wines. Estates that are within walking distance of the Cape Dutch Quarters include:
Twee-Jong Gezellen: since its establishment in 1710, this estate has garnered interest for being South Africa’s oldest known winery. Its premium brand of sparkling wine, Kroene Borealis, has won awards in recent years, so we suggest you enjoy a taste.
Saronsberg: located at the foothills of a mountain range, Saronsberg opened its doors to the public in 1997. It has since become one of the region’s most frequented estates.
HINT! Make it a 2-night weekend stay, by purchasing 2 vouchers.
Enjoy delicious food at these recommended restaurants:
- Readers Restaurant
- Olive Terrace Bistro
- Rijk’s Country House
- Waverley Hills Restaurant
Explore the area with these attractions for the adventurous:
- Crystal Cave offers crystals, chakra stones, pendulums, essential oils, beads, and fresh proteas.
- Ceres Zip slide Adventures
- Matroosberg Nature Reserve
- Murludi hiking trail
- Marmalade Angel offers gifts, art, and souvenirs.
- Hidden Cape Photographic Tours will help you photograph beautiful landscapes and farm life.
- Taste a variety of interesting flavours at Moniki Chocolatier.