Appreciate the beauty of Umtentweni with this 1-night stay offer at Royston Hall!
This is the deal:
- A 1-night stay for 2 people
- Includes breakfast
- Includes a nature walk
Tucked away on the South Coast in a lush tropical forest, Royston Hall Guest House is a destination where getting away from it all is guaranteed. Visiting Royston Hall Guest House is like being transported back in time – the historic house is decorated with period furniture and lies in a forest away from the hubbub of modern civilization.
Highlights and attractions:
- Languid forest strolls around the nature reserve.
- Views of the Indian Ocean in the distance, and of the mighty Umzimkulu River.
- Learning the fascinating history of the guest house.
- Exploring Port Shepstone and the Umtweni area – Tweni Beach, the Port Shepstone Golf Club, and the Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve are some of the region’s top attractions.
Discover a place that’s steeped in rich history, but with all the comforts of modernity. Royston Hall welcomes you with its authentic South African hospitality, courtesy of your hosts and their furry four-legged family members – two large Great Danes and a pair of chatty Siamese cats.
The house is set in its own small nature reserve which is home to an array of wildlife. Nestled in the tall indigenous coastal forest and adjacent to the mighty Umzimkulu River, it offers splendid views of the Indian Ocean in the distance. The guest house comprises of beautifully appointed rooms that guarantee your privacy.
The offer includes daily breakfast served, overlooking the valleys and the Umzimkulu River. You may be in the company of a few feathered friends while eating – resident birds feed on fig trees nearby.
Spend your days walking the forest and exploring the nature reserve, which is home to an array of animals and prolific birdlife. If you’re more the explorer type, Port Shepstone and the great Umtentweni area has a cornucopia of exciting attractions and activities.
- Watch the sunsets, look out for dolphins, and walk or swim at Tweni Beach. While a little off the beaten track, the fact that the beach is not well-known and a bit out of the way is a blessing for you and your family if you wish to escape the holiday crowds.
- Play a game of golf on the Port Shepstone Golf Course. The 18-hole course is one of the most popular along the South Coast for avid golfers. The first nine holes see you through an indigenous forest with mangrove-lined fairways, while the second nine holes are more a links-style type of course featuring water hazards and with prolific birdlife.
- The Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve offers excellent hiking opportunities – there are several nature trails through the forest and along the Umzimkulwana River. Baboons, small antelope and prolific birdlife dominate the trails, so be sure to keep an eye out. Interesting fact: the reserve is named after oribi – a type of antelope that’s rarely seen in these parts.
For more info, please visit their website!
Browse Daddy’s Deals for more accommodation deals in KwaZulu Natal!