If you’re looking for a lifelong companion consider taking care of a bonsai tree
This is the deal
- A 1.5 hour bonsai lesson at the Manor House, Knorhoek Estate, followed by tea, coffee and muffins
- A tree suitable for bonsai will be provided.
- Purchase additional vouchers and bring friends or family along
You may think that bonsai trees are for the elderly and retired, but did you know that owning and looking after a bonsai tree has great benefits?
- Bonsai trees are beautiful and add appeal to any setting.
- Taking care of a bonsai tree will require you to learn and practice patience.
- You’ll have a life-long companion, most likely the bonsai tree will even outlive you if you take care of it well.
- You’ll experience long-term gratification instead of instant gratification. Owning a bonsai requires you to plan and think ahead.
- You’ll learn some botany!
Bonsai trees can be very finicky, the smallest pruning mistake can set you back months of work and patience. Bonsai Boyz will teach you everything related to growing a bonsai tree, as well as the artistic aspects, techniques and care instructions needed to successfully maintain your tree over the years.
- Offer ends 31 October 2020
- Deal is valid for one person
- Deal is available until time indicated or until sold out
- Booking is essential and subject to availability
- Please note that a tree suitable for bonsai will be provided.
- Valid Saturdays and Sundays at 10am
- Lesson duration: approximately 1.5 hours
- Limited to 10 deals per customer
- Unlimited deals as gifts, however, at a limit of 10 per gift recipient
- EFT payments: please note that you have 24 hours after placing your order to make payment
- Present your deal to redeem
- Images may be a representation
Join Bonsai Boyz for a 1.5 hour lesson on how to take care of your bonsai. Perhaps you’re currently an owner of a bonsai, but your little tree doesn’t seem happy and healthy. At Bonsai Boyz you’ll receive information and advice from top bonsai growers on how to succeed in growing your miniature tree.
What you'll receive during the class
A small tree suitable for bonsai, a bonsai pot, gauze, pebbles, bonsai soil, chop stick, a tree tag and training on how to make your own first bonsai as well as how to care for it. After the lesson enjoy tea / coffee and muffins, and a informal chat.
You'll watch a demonstration and then proceed to make your own bonsai with guided steps.
What you take home with you
The bonsai you just made as well as written instructions and a bonsai caring guide
The history of bonsai
When thinking of bonsai, Japan comes to mind. But did you know that it actually originated from China as early as 120AD? From China, the practice spread to Japan, Korea, Vietnam and Thailand. It was during this early period that Japan assimilated some Chinese cultural characteristics into their own, and “Penzai” changed to “Bonzai” when referring to small container trees. The Japanese used container plants to decorate their homes, and to place in their extensive gardens.
Small tree rearing was also practiced in ancient Egypt, Ramesses donated gardens of olives, dates palms and other trees in planted containers. Ancient India also planted plants in tubs or containers for medicine and food.
Some of best trees for bonsai
- Japanese maple
- Bodhi tree (Ficus Religiosa)
- Cotoneaster horizontalis
- Common Beech (Fagus sylvatica)
- Ficus Retusa
- Ficus Benjamina
- Crape Myrtle
- Fukien tea (Carmona retusa)
- Dwarf Schefflera
So if you’re seeking bonsai advice or are only starting out now, book your class with Bonsai Boyz and learn everything you need to know about bonsai trees!
Please note that a tree suitable for bonsai will be provided.
To get in contact with Bonsai Boyz please call 072 894 8899 (for queries only) OR email [email protected]
The Manor House
37 Knorhoek Road
Sir Lowry's Pass
Why the price difference?
The deal price is our standard discounted price; Club Daddy members are entitled to even bigger discounts.Register for Club Daddy now!
It pays to sign up!
Sign up now and get your own personal account where "you can keep all your redemption codes" and review your points.
Then start enjoying life the Daddy way
Promote your business
Daddy's Deals wants to partner with businesses that offer fun experiences and awesome products to our fans. Do you have what it takes?