Enjoy a luxurious 2-night stay at Ammazulu African Palace in Kloof!
This is the deal
- 2 Nights stay for 2 people
- Bonus voucher of R50 per person towards a 2 hour Full Body Massage at Sandawana Spa
- Bonus voucher of R50 towards a Picnic setup for 2 at the Ammazulu Sculpture Gardens
- Extra surcharge of R240 per person for breakfast – Bookings prior to arrival
The visionary lodge celebrates the rich cultural heritage of KwaZulu-Natal with colourful, vibrant and bold decor, which can be found everywhere you look.
What you can look forward to on your visit:
- Beautiful rooms with unique and original artworks that will make you feel proud to be African.
- Admire the scenery from the comfort of your balcony.
- Hiking in the Krantzkloof Nature Reserve – it doesn’t matter if your idea of exercise consists of slow ambles to the fridge or if you’re a fit and experienced walker, the reserve has trails suited to everyone’s level of fitness. They are colour-coded to indicate the level of intensity of the walk, with blue and green being the easiest and orange and yellow representing the more challenging routes.
- The Kloof Gorge is found in the Krantzkloof Nature Reserve where the views are surreal, and is a roosting site for birds. Interesting fact – it is the only place in Durban where twitchers can find the Knysna Turaca or Loerie, identified by its unusual colouration. It is brilliantly green with red wings and has a short hooked bill.
- Local cuisine – hearty and wholesome – is the type of grub you should be eating when on holiday.
- There’s so much to do in KwaZulu-Natal, that you’ll never feel bored. Make your booking at Ammazulu African Palace for a culturally-enriching, nature-filled escape.
- New Germany Nature Reserve
- Glenholme Nature Reserve
- Valley of 1000 Hills
- Ntshongweni Dam
- Umgeni Steam Train trip
- Bellevue market
- Krantzkloof Nature Reserve is the spectacular meeting place of two river gorges, the Molweni and Nkutu.
- Most of the reserve’s 532 hectares are covered by dense forest and vegetation, and is a fine example of coastal forest and grassland.
- Take a hike with your partner and explore this wonderful reserve. It affords spectacular views across the forested gorge cut by the Molweni River.
- Pack your swimming shorts and explore the beautiful waterfalls.
- The reserve boasts an abundance of wildlife, including zebra, bushbuck, blue, red and grey duiker, vervet monkey, rock hyrax, mongoose, water monitor, and genet, as well as a variety of birdlife, with over 200 species on record.
- The reserve also has an interesting variety of indigenous flora.
- The best-known attraction at Krantzkloof is the well-developed picnic area adjacent to the dam at the head of Kloof Falls.