Spend quality time together on a peaceful couples retreat in the Waterberg region
This is the deal
- A 1-night stay for 2
- A complimentary game drive
- 20% off any purchases at the on-site deli produced at Mutapa’s Green Farm (Visit www.curedcharcuterie.co.za to view some of these products)
- A R100 bonus voucher to use towards an additional activity
- Purchase an additional voucher to extend your stay
The Waterberg is a favourite South African bushveld holiday destination for good reason. There’s plenty to see and do, especially if you consider yourself a great lover of nature. Not only is the Waterberg region famous for its multitude of game and nature reserves, but there are some noteworthy towns nearby worth exploring too!
Things to do during your couples retreat in the Waterberg region:
- Visit the second-largest brewery in Limpopo, L’Abri Fountain Brewery, and sample a variety of craft beer.
- Drive to Bela-Bela for a close encounter with elephants on a beautiful 300-hectare wildlife reserve. The encounter is more than simply feeding and touching elephants; it’s an experience that offers to educate on how best to interact with them. Adventures with elephants also offers elephant-back safaris and swims.
- Visit a beautiful Pedi home and enjoy the wonderful hospitality of four elderly Pedi ladies. Observe their interesting traditions, from the way they cook wholesome meals to traditional songs and dance, down to the way they decorate their homes.
- If rhinos make your heart happy, then make a stop at Palala Sanctuary. Palala is a safe space where rhinos can roam free.
- Looking for something unique to take home? Visit Pedi Potters for stunning ceramic pots that are crafted from scratch. Pot-making in the Waterberg actually goes back hundreds of years.
- Drive the Waterberg Meander through a series of ancient archaeological sites and game reserves. There are also lovely coffee and local craft shops along the way.
- Love cheese? Tour Geluksfontein, a dairy goat farm in Melkrivier. The farm makes cheese using milk produced by Swiss goats reared on site. Taste a variety of cheeses at the Geluksfontein Pub & Grill while enjoying country farm tranquility.